Posted: Jan 19, 2019
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's indoor track and field team competed in the Smith Invite on Saturday afternoon.
- In the mile, Bill Bajohr finished in the top spot with a time of 4:26.95, while Alexander Blaylock came in fifth with a time of 4:35.63 and Ethan Walker clocked in at 4:38.97, good for eighth place.
- Kevin DeLoughry and Griffin Maristany competed in the 600m, with DeLoughry finishing second (1:24.69) and Maristany in fourth (1:27.03).
- In the 800m, Grant van Inwegen came in third with a time of 1:58.09, while Kyron Roberts finished fifth (2:01.26) and Olsen was 12th (2:08.68).
- Nick Carulli placed fifth in the 60m hurdles with a time of 8.97 and came in ninth in the long jump with the mark of 6.12m
- Olaniyi Adebayo came in 15th in the weight throw with a mark of 12.69m,
- In the shot, Adebayo came in 14th with a mark of 11.32m, while Connell Oberman came in 17th (9.66m) and Noah Olsen came in 20th (7.85m).
- Christian Denny placed seventh in the 60m dash with a time of 7.16, while Oberman came in 15th (7.41) and Olsen finished 22nd (7.60).
- In the 200m, Denny raced to a fifth-place finish with a time of 23.26, while Andrew Dearbon clocked in at 25.00, which was good for 25th place.
- Wesleyan will head to Medford, Mass. next weekend for the Tufts' Stampede Invite.