Feb 11, 2019
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's indoor track and field team had six athletes place in the top-three in their respective events at the 13th Giegengack Invitational hosted by Yale on Saturday.
- Noah Olsen raced to a first-place finish in the 400m, clocking in at 51.99, while Griffin Maristany came in fifth with a time of 52.36.
- In the 3,000m, Grant van Inwegen crossed the finish line in first with a time of 8:41.80, which was 19 seconds ahead of the next competitor.
- In the mile, Bill Bajohr came in second place (4:25.53), while Alexander Blaylock (4:31.87) and Ethan Walker (4:35.18) crossed the finish line in fourth and fifth, respectively.
- Kevin DeLoughry and Denny placed second and third, respectively, in the 200m with times of 22.95 and 23.05, while Maristany came in eighth (23.39).
- Andrew McCracken placed third in the pole vault with a height of 4.56m.
- In the 60m, Denny Christian made it to the finals and placed fourth overall, clocking in at 7.15.
- Nick Carulli made it to the finals in the 60m hurdles and placed seventh with a time of 8.97.
- Connell Oberman finished in 17th place in the weight throw with a mark of 12.55m, while Olaniyi Adebayo came in 15th in the shot put with a mark of 10.86m.
- In the long jump, Olsen placed 10th overall with a mark of 6.34m, while Carulli came in 13th (6.21m).
- Wesleyan will head to Staten Island on Friday for the Ocean Breeze meet.