STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – The Wesleyan University men's track & field team competed at the Fastrack Last Chance meet on Friday evening and received several strong individual performances highlighted by Nick Carulli and Olaniyi Adebayo, who each recorded two top-five finishes.
- Carulli finished third in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.86 and placed sixth in the long jump with a mark of 6.45m.
- Adebayo finished third in the weight throw with a throw of 13.47m and fifth in the shot put with a toss of 11.12m.
- In the one mile run, Grant Van Inwegen finished fifth in 4:15.65.
- Wesleyan claimed two top-10 finishes in the 400-meter dash – Kevin DeLoughry took fifth (50.00) and Kyron Roberts placed seventh (50.51).
- In other field events, Andrew McCracken claimed third in the pole vault (4.55m).
- Wesleyan is back in action next weekend for the two-day New England Division III Championship hosted by Bowdoin. The regionals begin on Friday, Feb. 22 at 6 p.m. and will start at 11 a.m. the following day.