-- By Henry Yang '21 --
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Andrew McCracken highlighted the weekend for the Wesleyan University men's track and field team as the senior captain grabbed third-place accolades in the pole vault at the New England Division III Championships at MIT, as the Cardinals finished 17th overall.
- McCracken delivered a jaw-dropping display as he broke his own school record (4.60 m) with a mark of 4.77 meters. Remarkably, this was the third time in three years that the senior pole vaulter has renewed the school record.
- Clocking in at a time of 51.37, Kyron Roberts secured seventh-place in the 400 meter dash, followed by Kevin DeLoughry who placed tenth (51.45).
- The young 4x800 team of Bill Bajohr, Alexander Blaylock, Grant van Inwegen and Ethan Walker delivered a season-best time of 8:07.94 to finish seventh.
- Additionally, van Inwegen also placed seventh in the mile run with a mark of 4:20.84.
- Just seconds away from scoring points, Denny Christian, Griffin Maristany, DeLoughry and Roberts garnered 12th-place recognition (3:30.94) during the 4x400m relay.
- Wesleyan will return to action this upcoming Friday when it travels to Medford, Mass. for the Last Chance Meet, a two-day event hosted by Tufts University.