WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – Senior Tate Knight of the Wesleyan University men's cross country team finished seventh overall out of 72 runners at the Little Three Championship on Saturday, as the Cardinals finished in third place with 76 points at Williams College in Williamstown, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Cosmo Brossy of Amherst collected individual-champion honors with a time of 25:59.0 on the 8-kilometer course, as the Mammoths collected first-place recognition with 25 points. Williams earned runner-up honors with 36 points.
- Knight has been Wesleyan's top-performer in all three meets this season, clocking a time of 26:44.0 on Saturday.
- Senior Connor Cobb was the second Cardinal to cross the finish line, placing 20th overall with a time of 27:22.0. For the second straight meet, sophomore William Bajohr was the squad's third-place finisher with a time of 27:34.0. The Freehold, N.J. native finished in 27th overall within the field.
- Junior Shota Nakamura was the Cardinals' fourth-place finisher for the second time this fall, as he placed 29th overall with a time of 27:35.0. Rounding out the scoring for Wesleyan was sophomore Adam Linsky, who clocked a time of 28:19.0, and placed in 39th overall.
- Other strong outings for the Cardinals came from junior Frank Tucci (28:31.0), freshman Tommy Doyle (28:33.0), senior John Henry Vansant (28:36.0), sophomore Grant van Inwegen (28:39.0), sophomore Noah Langat (28:46.0), freshman Benjamin Cahill (28:57.0) and freshman Matt Frishkoff (29:51.0).
- The Cardinals are focused on the 2017 NESCAC Championship on Saturday, Oct. 28, in New Gloucester, Maine.