The 2018 Wesleyan University men's cross country team will look to build off its success in recent years as it eyes another trip to the NCAA Division III Championships.
The Cardinals, who finished 11th out of 53 teams at the NCAA Division III New England Regional Championship last fall, will begin their season on September 8th with the Little Three Championship hosted by Amherst College.
Wesleyan has reached the national championship meet three times under the guidance of 19th-year head coach John Crooke—most recently in 2015—and will look to make their fourth trip this fall.
MEET THE TEAM
- The eight returners for the Cardinals include a solid group of juniors as well as four sophomores.
- Wesleyan is excited to welcome five incoming freshmen for the 2018 season as well.
- Junior Kevin McMorrow ran very consistent times last season, placing 65th out of 370 runners at the NCAA Regional Championship a year ago.
- Junior Grant van Inwegen improved his personal best by nearly three minutes last year and is expected to have another solid year ahead.
- All four sophomores recorded personal bests in their debut seasons for the Cardinals which is very encouraging for the 2018 campaign.
"The team has worked hard over the past year and are ready to improve on last year's 11th place regional finish."