LOGAN TOWNSHIP, N.J. – The Wesleyan Men's Cross Country team competed in the Inter-Regional Border Battle hosted by Rowan University.
Johns Hopkins came in first place overall at the meet with a team score of 80, placing four runners in the top-20. SUNY Geneseo was just five points behind, with their top-two competitors placing second and fourth. The race was won by RPI's Sean O'Connor with a time of 25:00.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Wesleyan placed 23rd out of 42 teams, with a team score of 625.
- Kevin McMorrow '20 led the Cardinals with a time of 25:56 over the 8k course, placing 51st out of 394 runners.
- Junior William Bajohr was second for Wesleyan, crossing the finish line with a time of 26:40.
- Grant van Inwegen '20 and Adam Linsky '20 finished within two seconds of each other, clocking in at 27:07 and 27:09 respectively.
- Sophomore Matt Frishkoff finished not far behind Inwegen and Linsky, clocking in at 27:20.
- Freshmen Will Ratner and Miles Aronow rounded out the scorers with times of 27:48 and 28:19 respectively.
- The Cardinals return to action on October 27th when they compete in the 2018 NESCAC Championship hosted by Tufts University.