Score: Williams 5, Wesleyan 3
Records: Wesleyan (12-20, 3-9 NESCAC); Williams (28-10, 11-1 NESCAC)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Softball Field)
Date: Sunday, April 30th
Time: 1 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University softball team fell to Little Three rival Williams College 5-3, in the Cardinal's season finale.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Rebecca Duncan notched an RBI single, while Brenna Martinez's single plated two more runs in what was a three run top of the first for the Ephs.
- In the fourth, Izzy Linzer '17 led off with an infield single. She later stole second base and would come around to score on a fielder's choice by Rielly Wieners '18 to make the score 3-1.
- Wesleyan tied the game in the fifth with an RBI single from Julie McDonald '18 and a sacrifice fly from Christina Zaccardi '17.
- The visitors would regain the lead in the sixth on single from Kristina Alvarado.
- Williams added an insurance run in the seventh as Rachel Salvo knocked in Lexi Curt to make the score 5-3.
- That would be all the scoring in the game as the Ephs would win by the score of 5-3.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- McDonald pitched a complete game for the Cardinals allowing the five runs (four earned). She walked one and struck out one. She also led the team with two hits.
- Linzer and Olivia Gorman '19 registered hits for the home team.
- Curt led all batters with three hits.
- Duncan went five innings in the circle and struck out seven. Mackenzie Murphy came into pitch two innings of perfect relief.