CLERMONT, Fla. – The Wesleyan softball team (7-6) downed SUNY Cobleskill 5-0 in the first game of the day where Danielle Rinaldi threw a complete game shutout, but fell to Endicott (6-1) 6-0 in their final game of spring trip. The Cardinals are back in action on Wednesday when they head to Coast Guard for a doubleheader beginning at 3:00 p.m.
SUNY COBLESKILL VS. WESLEYAN HIGHLIGHTS:
- Wesleyan opened the scoring in the top of the first when a triple to left center by Sophia Sciarappa drove in Rinaldi and Olivia Gorman for the 2-0 advantage.
- The Fighting Tigers threatened in the bottom of the first with runners on second and third, but they were unable to plate a run.
- The Cardinals increased their lead to 4-0 in the top of the fourth. Alexis Campbell singled to right field, as Kendall Carr reached home on an error, before Brenna Monroe later crossed the plate on a single by Courtney Collins-Pisano.
- Wesleyan's Olivia Gorman scored in the top of the fifth to extend the advantage to 5-0.
SUNY COBLESKILL VS. WESLEYAN – INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rinaldi's complete game shutout guided the Cardinals past the Fighting Tigers, as she allowed just two hits and struck out six batters.
- Sciarappa went 1-3 with a two-run triple, while Carr was 2-4 with an RBI.
- Victoria Decker suffered the loss for SUNY Cobleskill allowing five runs on 10 hits.
ENDICOTT VS. WESLEYAN HIGHLIGHTS:
- Endicott grabbed a 1-0 lead in the top of the third when Olivia Odermatt touched home on a single from Adrianna Favreau.
- Madison Mucci scored in the fourth inning to extend the Gull advantage to 2-0.
- Wesleyan threatened in its half of the inning with runners on first and second, but were unable to plate a run.
- Endicott's Favreau hit a triple to left field in the top of the fifth, before touching home on the next batter for the 3-0 lead.
- Jamie Hopgood hit a home run in the top of the seventh, before a single by Hannah Llewellyn drove in Favreau for the 6-0 final.
ENDICOTT VS. WESLEYAN – INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Lauren Gaffney-Gomez suffered the loss for the Cardinals, allowing five runs on nine hits while striking out four over six innings of work.
- Sciarappa went 2-3, while Hayley Lipson was 1-1 pinch-hitting for Wesleyan.
- Maggie Oram threw a complete game shutout for Endicott, allowing just four hits and striking out nine.
- Hopgood had two RBI and a homer, while Favreau was 2-3 with a triple and an RBI.