Regatta: National Invitational Rowing Championship
Result: 11th of 21 (33.00 points)
Location: Worcester, Mass. (Lake Quinsigamond)
Date: Friday, May 12, 2017
The Lead: The nationally-ranked No. 2 Wesleyan University women's crew competed at the National Invitational Rowing Championship Friday and finished 11th overall.
- The Cardinals placed three boats in the regatta – the Varsity 8, Second Varsity 8 and Third Varsity 8.
- In its first heat of the day, Wesleyan's 2V8 placed first in the six-crew field with a time of 6:57.102 to advance to the grand final. In the GF, the Cardinals placed 5-of-6 by crossing the finish line in 6:55.182. Bates won the event with a time of 6:41.340.
- Wesleyan's 3V8 did not finish its event.
- In heat two of the V8, the Cardinals finished second behind Wellesley with a mark of 6:47.551. Advancing to the grand final, Wesleyan placed sixth in 6:57.632. The Bobcats won the event once again as their boat crossed the finish line in 6:45.422.
- The Cardinals await their NCAA Tournament fate.