Posted: Oct 28, 2017
SARATOGA, N.Y. – Wesleyan University women's crew excelled at the Head of the Fish Regatta on Saturday by defending its crown in the Varsity 8 and also taking first-place in the Second Varsity 8.
- In the Varsity 8, the Cardinals crossed the finish line in 12:9.44, narrowly edging Little Three rival Williams College (12:11.88).
- Marist finished third in 12:21.35, followed by UMass-Amherst (12:22.05) and Rochester Institute of Technology (12:26.56) to round out the top-five.
- Several other NESCAC teams competed today, with Trinity, Tufts, Middlebury, and Amherst crossing the finish line at 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th, respectively.
- The Cardinals continued their winning ways in the Second Varsity 8 race, finishing on top in 12:34.23, over six seconds ahead of UMass-Amherst (12:40.84). Williams finished third in 12:44.05.
- Additionally, Wesleyan's Novice 8 finished 10th out of 32 boats with a time of 15:16.38.
- Today's regatta marked the final race of the 2017 fall season for the Cardinals, who will return to the water in the spring.