WORCESTER, Mass. – Wesleyan women's crew competed at the National Invitational Rowing Championship, in conjunction with the NESCAC Rowing Championships, on Sunday at Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, Mass. The Cardinals' Second Varsity 8 boat took bronze in the Grand Final, the Varsity 8 qualified for the Grand Final to take fourth while placing second in the NESCAC's behind Bates, and the Third Varsity 8 boat won the Petite Final and finished seventh overall.
Wesleyan finished fourth in the point trophy standings with 175. Wellesley claimed first with 219 followed by Bates with 213 and WPI in third with 177. The Cardinals finished ahead of Williams (169) and Tufts (152). They await their NCAA Tournament fate when the selection show airs on NCAA.com tomorrow, May 14 at 4:30 p.m.
- In the first race of the day, the Third Varsity 8, Wesleyan qualified for the Petite Final and won with a time of 7:34.190, narrowly edging Williams' 'B' boat that placed in 7:34.734.
- The next morning race was the Second Varsity 8, and the Cardinals won their heat in 7:03.254 to advance to the Grand Final, where they placed third overall. Bates won in 6:58.465, followed by Tufts (7:08.511) and Wesleyan (7:10.103). The Cardinals finished ahead of Williams, who took fourth in 7:13.055.
- Wesleyan wrapped up the day with the Varsity 8. After placing second in its heat, the Cardinals advanced to the Grand Final and placed fourth overall and second among NESCAC boats. Wesleyan crossed the finish line in 6:56.813, ahead of Hamilton who finished sixth in 7:01.109. Bates won the race (6:46.525), followed by Wellesley (6:53.397) and WPI (6:54.941).
- V8 - Bow: Sarah Osborn; 2: Emma Porrazzo; 3: Hannah Xu; 4: Lydia Paddock; 5: Clara Babbott-Ward; 6: Olivia Pearson; 7: Rachelle Flowers; Stroke: Allison Quintana; Coxswain: Nicole Rizzuto
- 2V8 – Bow: Jemma Blazina; 2: Josephine Roudebush; 3: Sam Hill; 4: Eleanor Highleyman; 5: Mackenzie Wiley; 6: Sonja Welch; 7: Eva Phelps; Stroke: Monica Rao; Coxswain: Nikki Pallat
- 3V8 – Bow: Annabelle Lesser; 2: Emily Frazer-Abel; 3: Alina Widmann; 4: Francesca Myhrvold; 5: Meghan Heffernan; 6: Celia D'Amato; 7: Sarah Paulson; Stroke: Kai Burton; Coxswain: Chase Ames