-- Recap by Gio Ortiz '21 --
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Wesleyan women's crew sent two boats to compete at the 55th annual Head of the Charles today in Cambridge, Massachusetts as the Varsity 8 and Varsity 4 boats took 13th and 14th overall, respectively, in their events.
- The Varsity 8 crew finished with a time of 17:27.518, which was good for 13th place in the 27-boat field. Bates' 'A' boat placed first with a time of 16:26.595, followed by Wellesley (16:47.2) and WPI (16:53.028).
- The Cardinals finished ahead of Bates' 'B' boat (17:32.111), Tufts (17.34.712), Middlebury (17:42.775), and Connecticut College (18:41.257).
- Wesleyan's Varsity 4 boat finished 14th overall as it crossed the finish line in 19:11.47. The Cardinals placed ahead of Bowdoin (19:56.131) and Middlebury (20:49.760).
- 1v8+ - Nicole Rizzuto (cox), 8. Avery Kelly, 7. Clara Babbott-Ward, 6. Elizabeth Rowe, 5. Hannah Xu, 4. Mackenzie Wiley, 3. Jordan Craig, 2. Eva Phelps, 1. Josephine Roudebush
- 1v4+ - Chase Ames (cox), 4. Emily Coombs, 3. Celia D'Amato, 2. Megan Alberding, 1. Jemma Blazina
- Next weekend, the Cardinals will compete in the Quinsigamond Fall Rowing Festival in Worcester, Massachusetts on Saturday, Oct. 26