Score: Holy Cross 3, Wesleyan 1
Records: Wesleyan (2-2-0, 0-0-0 NESCAC), Holy Cross (8-1-0, 5-0-0 NEHC)
Location: Worcester, Mass. (Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex)
Date: Sunday, November 27th
Time: 4 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's ice hockey team got out to an early 1-0 lead, but fell to Holy Cross, 3-1 on the road.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Jess Brennan '17 put the Cardinals up at 51 seconds into the first as she took a pass from Jackie Kilar '19 and put a wrist shot past Crusaders netminder Marcia LaPlante for the 1-0 lead.
- Holy Cross would tie it up at 18:02 in the first on a goal from Maeve Reilly which was assisted by Julie Matthias and Emily Lissner.
- Matthias' power play goal at 9:16 in the second gave the Crusaders the 2-1 advantage. Her fifth goal of the year was assisted by Reilly and Lissner.
- Matthias would net her second goal of the game at 13:33 in the third off a Victoria Young pass, and Holy Cross would go onto claim the 3-1 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Wesleyan's freshman goaltender Allegra Grant stopped 38 of the 41 shots she faced in the game.
- LaPlante made 15 saves in the game for Holy Cross.
- The home team was 1-for-5 on the power play, while the Cardinals went 0-for-4.
- Wesleyan will return to the ice on Saturday, December 3rd as they will face-off against Little Three Rival Williams College at 7 p.m.
- The Crusaders return to action on Friday, December 2nd as they will take on St. Anselm at 4 p.m.