Score: Trinity 2, Wesleyan 1
Records: Wesleyan (7-10-4, 4-8-2 NESCAC), Trinity (8-12-2, 7-6-1 NESCAC)
Location: Hartford, Conn. (Albert Creighton Williams '64 Rink)
Date: Sunday, February 12
Time: 4 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's ice hockey team suffered a tough 2-1 loss in overtime against the Trinity Bantams on Sunday afternoon at Albert Creighton Williams Rink.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Cardinals got on the board first as Ellery Sarosi '17 scored her fourth goal of the season. Cici Frattasio '18 and Abby Rutt '17 notched assists on Sarosi's power play goal at 7:23 in the first period.
- The Bantams would tie the game with one second left in the second period on a goal by Melissa Maffeo. Her goal was assisted by Delaney Harrop and Kate Fraley.
- The two teams would play a scoreless third period and they would head into overtime tied at one.
- The home team would net the game winning goal with 3:49 gone by in the extra frame. Olivia White scored her second goal on the season with assists by Jessica Stowell and Hannah Oganeku.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Allegra Grant '20 made 31 saves in the contest for Wesleyan.
- Frattasio increased her points total to 12 on the year.
- Sydney Belinskas made 39 saves for Trinity.
- The Cardinal are back on the ice on Saturday, February 18th as they will host Little Three rival Amherst at 3 p.m. Prior to the game, Wesleyan will honor its seven seniors in a Senior Day celebration.
- The Bantams will begin a weekend series against Bowdoin on Friday, February 17th at 7:30 p.m.