Posted: Apr 12, 2016
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - The Wesleyan University women's lacrosse team fell to No. 7 Trinity College, 12-4 Tuesday night at Smith Field.
Wesleyan: 4-7 (1-6 NESCAC)
Trinity: 10-2 (6-1 NESCAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bantams outscored the Cardinals 8-1 in the first half.
- Wesleyan was able to scoop up 16 groundballs, while Trinity grabbed 13.
- The Cardinals went 12 of 15 on clear attempts
- Trinity converted 6 of 12 free position attempts.
- The Bantams held a slight edge in draw controls, winning 11 while Wesleyan won 7.
FIRST HALF HIGHLIGHTS
- Martha Griffin scored three goals for the visitors in the first half.
- Meredith Smith '17 got Wesleyan on the board at 18:44 with her successful free position attempt.
- Trinity would then score five straight goals to give them an 8-1 lead at the half.
SECOND HALF HIGHLIGHTS
- Smith would net a man-down goal for the Cardinals as her shot at 27:13 was able to find the back of the net.
- With the visitors up 10-2, Martha Harding '16 took the Julia Black '18 pass in for a goal to bring the Trinity lead down to 10-3.
- Black would later score off a Rachel Aronow '17 pass to give the Cardinals their fourth goal of the evening.
- Trinity would go onto win by a final score of 12-4.
- The Cardinals return to the field on Saturday, April 16 as they will travel to Bowdoin for a 12 p.m. game.
- The Bantams are also back in action on Saturday as they will travel to Middlebury College for a 2 p.m. game.