Event: RIT Invitational
Result: 8th of 12; 61.5 points
Location: Rochester, N.Y. (RIT)
Date: Saturday, December 3, 2016
The Lead: Zack Murillo '19 finished third overall in the 125-pound weight class and James Matias '19 took fourth at 141 to highlight the day for the Wesleyan University wrestling team at the RIT Invitational, in which the Cardinals finished eighth in the 12-team field Saturday.
- 125 – Murillo finished third overall in a field of 24 competitors with a 5-1 record on the day. Tristan Stetson '20 placed sixth with a 3-0 record in the championship bracket, including a OT win in the quarterfinals, but had to injury default prior to the semifinals.
- 133 – Dylan Jones '19 finished in sixth with a 4-2 record.
- 141 – Matias placed fourth overall as he went 2-1 in the championship bracket and 3-1 in the consolation field to finish with a 5-2 overall record. Shane Ross '19 picked up two wins in the championship bracket.
- 165 – Roy Forys '19 went 3-2 overall.
- 285 – Junior co-captain Isaiah Bellamy went 3-1 in the championship bracket, before dropping two matches in the consolation to claim sixth-place.
- The Cardinals are off for a couple weeks and will return to the mat Saturday, Jan. 7 to compete in the Scott Viera Invite at Roger Williams University.