BRISTOL, R.I. – The Wesleyan wrestling team opened its 2019-20 season this weekend at the two-day Roger Williams Invitational. The Cardinals finished 11th in the 17-team field with 63 points.
Johnson & Wales won the tournament with 174 points followed by Castleton (146) and The College of New Jersey (127.5).
- 133: Tristan Stetson went 4-2 on the day.
- 141: Dylan Jones was 3-2 in his first tournament action.
- 157: Aaron Goldman was 3-2 overall.
- 165: Roy Forys excelled in his first tournament of the season as he went 4-2 overall to claim fifth place out of 34 competitors. The strong field included last year's NCAA finalist and a fifth-place finisher at the 2019 NCAA Championships.
- 174: Marco Gaita was excellent for the Cardinals as he went 6-1 to place third out of 28 wrestlers at 174. He earned a 3-2 decision over the No. 1 seed and returning All-American, Daniel Kilroy of The College of New Jersey.
- The Cardinals are back on the mats next Saturday, Nov. 23 as they will compete at the Doug Parker Invitational hosted by Springfield.