SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Wesleyan wrestling team excelled on Saturday at the Doug Parker Invitational as it finished fifth overall out of 15 teams. Six Cardinals placed as Marco Gaita highlighted the day by placing third at 174 while Roy Forys earned the "Most Falls Award" at 165 with four pins in his five victories.
Coast Guard won the tournament with 141.5 points followed by New England College (102) and Western New England (91). Rounding out the top-five were Southern Maine (90.5) and Wesleyan (87).
- 125: Amir Daouk claimed fourth overall as he went 3-2 on the day.
- 133: Tristan Stetson recorded a 4-2 record and finished sixth.
- 157: Aaron Goldman went 5-1 overall but his fifth/sixth place match was deemed a no contest due to the NCAA rule that a wrestler can only compete in six matches in a day.
- 165: Forys was 5-1 on the day with four pins en route to fifth-place.
- 174: Gaita claimed the bronze with a 3-1 mark at 174.
- 184: Duncan Kreutter was 4-2 as he finished sixth overall.
- The Cardinals are back in action on Saturday, December 7th as they get ready for the Ted Reese Invitational scheduled to start at 10 a.m.