Score: Bowdoin 3, Wesleyan 1
Records: Wesleyan: 2-2 (0-1 NESCAC), Bowdoin: 3-1 (2-1 NESCAC)
Location: Middletown Conn. (Jackson Field)
Date: Saturday, September 17
Time: 11 a.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's soccer team fell to Bowdoin College, 3-1 in the Cardinals NESCAC season opener.
- Bowdoin scored the game's first goal at 30:59 as Nikki Wilson went from the top left corner of the box and dribbled to the lower right corner put the ball past a diving Claire Coyle '20 for the 1-0 advantage.
- The Polar Bears would increase their lead to 2-0 in the second half as Talia Missan scored at 66:00 off a deflection just inside the post from five yards off.
- The Cardinals cut the lead in half, as Tess Daggett-Edenholm '17 set up Sophia Linguiti '19 at the top of the box off of a corner kick for the goal at 68:40 to make the score 2-1 in favor of the visitors.
- Morgan Gallagher would bring the Bowdoin lead back to two goals as she put ove over the outstretched hands of a diving Coyle at the 74:48 mark.
- The Polar Bears would go onto win, 3-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Bowdoin held the edge in shots at 15-13, as well as corner kicks at 9-1.
- Coyle made four saves in net for Wesleyan.
- The Cardinals will return to action on Wednesday, September 21st as they will travel to Medford, Mass. to take on Tufts at 4 p.m.
- Bowdoin returns to the field tomorrow, September 18 as they will take on Husson at 4 p.m.