Score: Williams 6, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan (3-6-3, 0-4-3 NESCAC), Williams (11-0-1, 6-0-1 NESCAC)
Location: Williamstown, Mass. (Cole Field)
Date: Saturday, October 15th
Time: 1:30 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's soccer team fell to No. 2 Williams College, 6-0, on Saturday afternoon at Cole Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Ephs got off to a quick start, scoring three goals in the opening 13 minutes of the game.
- Sarah Scire scored just over a minute into the game as she took a pass from Audry Thomas and put it in the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.
- Natasha Albaneze would score an unassisted goal at 6:23 to give Williams the 2-0 advantage.
- Thomas would score off a Evan Gancedo pass at 12:50 for the 3-0 lead for the home team.
- Lauren Brown wrapped up the first half scoring with her goal at 38:58 to give Williams the 4-0 advantage at halftime.
- Scire and Thomas would each net their second goals of the match in the second half as the Ephs would claim the 6-0 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Claire Coyle '20 and Zoe Cassels-Brown '20 combined to make six saves in the game.
- Williams had a slight edge in shots at 13-10.
- Corner kicks were even at four apiece.
- Lauren Goetzman '19 led the Cardinals with three shots in the game.
- The Cardinals return to the pitch tomorrow as they will take on the Middlebury Panthers at 1:30 p.m.
- The Ephs are also back in action tomorrow as they will host the Bowdoin Polar Bears at 12 p.m.