NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The 26th-ranked Wesleyan University women's squash team cruised to a 9-0 victory over No. 31 Vassar College Friday night in the first round of the 2016 CSA National Team Championship Epps Cup (D Division), hosted by Yale University.
- Laila Samy '18 continues to shine as she improved to 15-0 from the No. 1 position with a 3-0 sweep by scores of 11-3, 11-6, 11-2.
- With the match tied at 1-1 (11-6, 10-12), Liza Bayless '16 rallied with two consecutive wins (11-6, 11-6) to claim a 3-1 win in the No. 2 spot.
- Wesleyan swept the No. 3-7 positions. Bridget Doherty '16 won from the No. 3 position, Abigail Smith '17 took the No. 4 spot, Ali Imperiale '19 claimed the No. 5 position, Annie Ferreira '17 won from the No. 6 spot and Ale Lampietti '19 won from the No. 7 court.
- With a 2-0 lead, Ellen Paik '16 dropped game three but retaliated with a 13-11 win in game four to claim a 3-1 victory from the No. 9 position.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Friday's match was the second between Wesleyan and Vassar in the past week, as the Cardinals claimed a 9-0 sweep over the Brewers on Feb. 13.
- With the win, the Cardinals move to the semifinal round of the D Division and will play No. 27 William Smith at 5 p.m. tomorrow, Feb. 20.