AMHERST, Mass. – The 20th-ranked Wesleyan University women's squash team split its doubleheader Sunday at the Pioneer Valley Invitational hosted by Amherst College. The Cardinals were edged by No. 21 St. Lawrence University, 5-4, but responded with a 9-0 sweep over NESCAC foe and No. 24 Connecticut College. Wesleyan is now 8-6 overall this season.
- The Cardinals were led by Laila Samy '18, Aditi Prasad '21 and Ananya Vir '21 as they each went 2-0 on the day. Nina Premutico '20 also won her only match she competed in.
- Against St. Lawrence, Samy, Prasad and Vir swept the top three spots. Samy continues to cruise as she won the No. 1 position by marks of 11-2, 11-5, 11-5. Prasad earned a decisive 3-0 sweep in the No. 2 spot by marks of 11-3, 11-1, 11-2, and Vir claimed the No. 3 position with scores of 11-3, 11-2, 11-7.
- Premutico rallied from an 11-2 first set loss to earn a thrilling 3-1 win in the No. 5 spot (2-11, 12-10, 11-8, 12-10).
- Wesleyan handled the Camels in its second match of the day as the Cardinals swept all nine matches.
- The Cardinals return to the courts Saturday, Jan. 27 as they host the Little Three Championships against Amherst (11 a.m.) and Williams (3 p.m.)