MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The 21st-ranked Wesleyan University women's squash team was edged by No. 25 Mount Holyoke, 5-4, on Saturday morning in the final day of the Pioneer Valley Invitational.
Following the loss, the Cardinals dropped to 5-6 on the season. With the win, the Lyons improved to 11-4.
- Mount Holyoke swept the top three positions.
- In the No. 4 spot, Natasha Feenstra earned a 3-0 win over Lessly Portillo by scores of 11-7, 11-5, 11-3.
- Ali Imperiale lost a close four-set match in the No. 5 position. After claiming a 13-11 win in the first set, she lost the next three to Jennifer Mbah by marks of 12-10, 11-5, 11-3.
- Wesleyan won the No. 6 through No. 8 spots, with Ale Lampietti and Sofia Melian-Morse sweeping the six and eight, respectively.
- In the No. 7 spot, Annie Roach was defeated in four sets by scores of 11-8, 13-11, 3-11, 11-2.
- With tomorrow's match cancelled due to the impending storm, Wesleyan will return to action on Saturday, Jan. 26 for the Little Three Championship at Williams. The Cardinals will face the Ephs at 11 a.m. followed by Amherst at 1 p.m.