-- Recap by Gio Ortiz '22 --
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - The 21st-ranked Wesleyan women's squash team hosted No. 27 St. Lawrence and No. 10 Virginia on Saturday afternoon, defeating St. Lawrence 8-1 and falling to Virginia 1-8.
MATCH HIGHLIGHTS VS. ST. LAWRENCE:
- "The team produced a strong performance across the board and did a great job of making the match time adjustments needed." said Head Coach Shona Kerr. "Go Wes!"
- No. 1 Aditi Prasad won a hard fought battle in five games against Sanna Koivumaki by scores of 14-12, 7-11, 14-12, 9-11, 11-7.
- No. 2 Ananya Vir defeated Makyla Kelley in four games, 12-10, 2-11, 11-6, 11-7.
- No. 3 Josie Russ swept Katherine Leiva, 11-4, 11-5, 11-3.
MATCH HIGHLIGHTS VS. VIRGINIA:
- "The Cards women's squash team rallied hard against a very strong Division I team with some excellent squash displayed," said Head Coach Shona Kerr. "This was a great match for us to raise our level of play and highlight areas to work in moving forwards."
- No. 4 Natasha Feenstra performed well but was outdueled by Emily Woodworth by scores of 11-6, 11-1, 11-7.
- No. 5 Nina Premutico was defeated by Tara Arya in three games, 11-5, 11-4, 11-4.
- No. 6 Valeria Osorio lost to Giovanna De Almeida, 11-9, 11-2, 11-6.
- The Cardinals are back in action tomorrow as they get set to take on No. 28 Bowdoin at 12 p.m.