MIDDLETOWN, Conn.- The Wesleyan University women's swimming and diving team competed in their final dual meet at home this year as they competed against the US Coast Guard Academy on Saturday afternoon. The Coast Guard would go onto defeat the Cardinals 168-128.
- Freshman Julia Dietz captured a first and second place finished on the afternoon. Dietz was able to capture first in the 100 yard back event as she finished with a time of 1:02.12. She finished in second in the 200 yard back event with a solid time of 2:14.98. She was followed in that event by fellow teammates Li Yan Yao '16 (2:16.97), and Bella Wiener '19 (2:20.43). Yao and Wiener also placed third and fourth in the 100 yard event with times of 1:04.38 and 1:04.57 respectively.
- Freshman Kylie Han was able to capture first in the 200 yard Im with a time of 2:17.97. Yao, who had a very impressive meet, finished in third with a time of 2:19.94.
- The Cardinals swimmers excelled in the 100 yard free event as they placed second, third and fifth in the event. Junior Serena Zalkowitz came in second with a time of 55.83, and she was followed by Han who came in with a time of 56.67. Sophomore Corinne Noonan came in fifth with a time of 57.19.
- Wesleyan also impressed in the 200 yard free event where Han, Pitts and Noonan came in 3-5 with times of 2:04.59, 2:06.04, and 2:06.90 respectively.
- Sophomore Lauren Conte grabbed a pair of second place finishes in both the 500 and 1000 yard free events with times of 5:29.86 and 111:10.20 respectively.
- The Cardinals were able to capture first in the 400 yard free relay with a combined time of 3:45.56. The team was made up of Sophomores Zoe Kerrich, Charlotte Pitts, freshman Sophia Antonio and junior Serena Zalkowitz. Pitts also captured second in the 100 yard fly with a time of 1:01.68 while Kerrich finished in second in the 200 yard breast with a time of 2:37.32.
- The Cardinals dominated both diving events on the afternoon, as they took the top three in both the one meter and three meter events. Freshman Devon Cooper won both events with scores of 221.48 and 221.17 respectively.
- Emily Kessler captured second place finish in the three meter event with a score of 216.14. Her third place finish in the one meter event was thanks to a score of 212.99.
- Freshman Erin Angell captured second place in the one meter event with a score of 218.09 and senior Carly Feinman came in third in the three meter event with a score of 209.47.
- The Cardinals next event will be the NESCAC Championship which will be held at Williams College from Fri., Feb. 19-21.