Posted: Nov 19, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – After a successful opening weekend, the Wesleyan women's swimming and diving team hosted Little Three rival, No. 9 Amherst on Monday evening. The Cardinals fell to the Mammoths 165-120 during the dual meet.
- The 200-yard medley relay team (Caroline Murphy, Mengmeng Gibbs, Maela Whitcomb and Hannah O'Halloran) had another impressive race, placing first with a time of 1:48.17, slight faster than their time from Saturday's meet. The relay had the tenth fastest time (1:48.86) in Division III after their performance on Saturday.
- Gibbs had two second place finishes during the meet, clocking in at 31.18 in the 50-yard backstroke, and 55.41 in the 100-yard freestyle.
- Murphy clocked in a 25.05 in the 50-yard freestyle, falling only to Amherst's Natalie Rumpelt (25.01).
- First-year Cameron Kahn clocked in at 2:05.19 in the 200-yard free, placing third overall in the race.
- In the 50-yard backstroke, Julia Dietz (28.73) placed second, while Leah Cravitz (30.13) was fourth.
- Freshman Rachel Townsend competed in the 100-yard butterfly, placing second with a time of 1:01.16, while coming in fourth in the 100-yard backstroke (1:04.22).
- O'Halloran placed third in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:03.15, just two seconds behind second-place.
- Grace Middleton (28.42), Amanda McHugh (28.62) and Kylie Han (29.32) swept the 50-yard butterfly placing first, second and third, respectively.
- Freshman Talia Lanckton recorded a mark of 143.47 off the 3-meter board, earning first place in the meet, while Sarah Goldman placed second with a mark of 125.84.
- Wesleyan is back in action on December 1st when they host the CT Cup beginning at 10:00 a.m.