MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan women's swimming and diving team hosted six schools in the Connecticut Cup on Saturday. The Connecticut College won the meet with 582 points, while the U.S. Coast Guard Academy placed second with 554 points and Wesleyan came in third with 388.
- Talia Lanckton, Erin Angell and Sarah Goldman swept first, second and third, respectively, in both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events. In the 1-meter, Lanckton recorded a mark of 186.10, as Angell was close behind with 177.75, and Goldman at 154.15. In the 3-meter, Lanckton went 169.20 off the board, while Angell was 157.45 and Goldman had a mark of 146.35.
- First year Mengmeng Gibbs had two individual first-place finishes, finishing the 100-yard breast with a time of 1:08.87 and the 50-yard breast in 31.58.
- Caroline Murphy was the top-swimmer in the 500-yard back, clocking in at 28.32.
- Hannah O'Halloran placed first in the 100-yard back with a time of 59.95, before placing second in the back (2:11.97).
- Julia Dietz had a pair of third place finishes, finishing in 29.04 during the 50-yard back and 1:02.21 in the 100-yard back.
- Cameron Kahn placed third in the 1650-yard free with a time of 18:50.52.
- The 400-yard medley relay team (Murphy, O'Halloran, Gibbs and Townsend) cruised to a first-place finish with a time of 4:03.53.
- The 200-yard medley relay (Murphy, Gibbs, Grace Middleton and Sophia Antonio placed second with a time of 1:52.78.
- Wesleyan is back in action on Saturday when they entertain Tufts, Williams and WPI at 1:00 p.m.