Jan 26, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine – The Wesleyan women's swimming and diving team earned a 157-143 victory over Colby on Saturday afternoon. The Cardinals recorded 10 first-place finished during the meet.
- Caroline Murphy earned the top spot in the 50-yard backstroke with a time of 27.69, while Julia Dietz was second (28.93).
- In the 100-yard backstroke, Julia Dietz earned first-place with a time of 1:01.22.
- Kyle Han came in first during the 50-yard breaststroke, clocking in at 33.47.
- First-year Rachel Townsend earned first-place honors in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:11.37.
- Devon Cooper placed first in off the 3-meter board with a mark of 171.70.
- Maela Whitcomb and Grace Middleton came in first and second, respectively, in the 50-yard butterfly with times of 27.36 and 27.82.
- The 400-yard medley relay team composed of Murphy, Mengmeng Gibbs, Whitcomb, and Middleton came in first-place with a time of 4:03.60.
- In the 100-yard IM Murphy and Towsend came in first and second, respectively, with a time of 1:02.08 and 1:03.56.
- The 200-yard freestyle relay team composed of Gibbs, Middleton, Sophia Antonia, and Hannah O'Halloran came in first with a time of 1:40.22.
- O'Halloran earned second-place with a time of 55.41 in the 100-yard freestyle.
- Off the 1-meter board, Cooper took home the top spot with a mark of 198.20. Erin Angell came in third with a mark of 177.65, while Talia Lanckton was fourth (162.70).
- Rachel Townsend came in second in the 400-yard IM with a time of 4:56.78, while Hannah O'Halloran came in third with a time of 5:04.70.
- In the 100-yard butterfly, Gibbs and Amanda McHugh came in second and third, respectively, with a time of 1:00.75 and 1:03.05.
- Murphy clocked in at 25.17 in the 50-yard freestyle, which was good for second place, while Middleton earned fourth with a time of 25.85.
- Wesleyan will travel to Bowdoin on Sunday for an 11:00 a.m. start.