NEW LONDON, Conn. – The No. 8 Wesleyan University women's tennis team cruised to its fifth consecutive win Thursday afternoon as it defeated NESCAC rival Connecticut College, 8-1 at the South Tennis Courts.
Wesleyan: 9-4, 6-4 NESCAC
Conn.: 10-9, 1-6 NESCAC
- The Cardinals swept doubles action by claiming all three matches by scores of 8-2, 8-3 and 8-5.
- Eudice Chong '18 and Aashli Budhiraja '18 won No. 1 doubles, Victoria Yu '19 and Helen Klass-Warch '18 claimed No. 2 doubles, and Nicole McCann '18 and Ella Lindholm-Uzzi '17 took No. 3 doubles.
- Wesleyan won No. 1 through No. 5 singles.
- Chong won in the No.1 spot by a score of 6-2, 6-0.
- Yu defeated Emily Migliorini in No. 2 singles by a decisive score of 6-2, 6-1.
- Klass-Warch claimed a 6-2, 6-4 victory in the No. 3 position over her opponent, Charlotte Marcoux.
- McCann won her match in the No. 4 position with a clean sweep, winning 6-0, 6-0.
- Budhiraja was able to defeat Susanna Studwell in straight sets as well, 6-1, 6-1.
- Wesleyan returns to the courts to wrap up its 2015-16 regular season Saturday at Brandeis. The match is scheduled to being at 2 p.m.
- The Camels are back in action on Saturday, April 30 as they face Hamilton College beginning at 10 a.m.