WALTHAM, Mass. – The No. 8 Wesleyan University women's tennis team went 2-1 in doubles play and 5-1 in singles action to defeat No. 28 Brandeis University in its 2015-16 regular season finale on the road Saturday, 7-2.
Wesleyan: 10-4, 6-4 NESCAC
Brandeis: 10-10, 1-2 UAA
- The Cardinals went 2-1 in doubles action.
- The dynamic sophomore duo of Eudice Chong '18 and Helen Klass-Warch '18 earned an 8-5 win in No. 2 doubles over Haley Cohen and Olivia Leavitt.
- On the No. 2 court, Aashli Budhiraja '18 and Victoria Yu '19 won 8-2 over Sarita Biswas and Charlotte Aaron.
- Wesleyan claimed five of six singles matches to earn the 7-2 win.
- Chong claimed the No. 1 spot over Haley Cohen with scores of 6-4, 6-0.
- In No. 2 singles, Yu defeated Leavitt by scores of 6-2, 6-2, and Klass-Warch claimed No. 3 singles over Keren Khromchenko by scores of 6-3, 6-3.
- Nicole McCann '18 won No. 4 singles and Budhiraja took the No. 5 spot. McCann defeated Sophia He, 6-3, 6-2, and Budhiraja won 6-0, 6-2 over Emily Eska.
- The Cardinals await their NESCAC Championship fate and will compete in the three-day tournament beginning Friday, May 6 at Bates College.