Scores: No. 8 Wesleyan 4, Quinnipiac 3
Records: Wesleyan (4-0); Quinnipiac (5-7)
Location: North Haven Health & Racquet Club (North Haven, Conn.)
Date: Saturday, March 25, 2017
The Lead: With a 4-3 win over Division I Quinnipiac University Saturday night, the No. 8 Wesleyan University women's tennis team earned its fourth consecutive victory to remain perfect on the season with an overall record of 4-0.
- The Cardinals fell behind in doubles play, 2-1.
- Eudice Chong '18 and Victoria Yu '19 earned the lone win with a 6-2 victory in the No. 1 spot.
- Chong and Yu both win their singles matches at the top of the lineup as well.
- Chong claimed the No. 1 spot (7-5, 4-6, 6-2), while Yu recovered from a 1-0 deficit (6-3) to claim the next two sets, 6-2, 6-2.
- Wesleyan won two more matches at the bottom of the lineup as Nicole McCann '18 took the No. 5 spot (6-4, 6-1), and Dasha Dubinsky '18 won No. 6 singles (6-4, 4-6, 6-4).
- Wesleyan is back in action Sunday, April 2 and will host Hamilton in NESCAC action beginning at 11 a.m.