WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – Aashli Budhiraja '18 finished Day 1 of the ITA Regional Championships as one of only four unseeded players still competing in the singles draw, first defeating Justine Hanson of Gordon College 6-2, 6-0 before fighting her way to a 6-2, 1-6, 6-2 win over Bowdoin's Tasha Christ. In the round of 16, Budhiraja is joined by top-seeded Eudice Chong '18, who lost only one game in her two singles matches. Chong first beat Bowdoin's Maddie Rolph 6-0, 6-0, then took out Amherst's Maddie Dewire 6-1, 6-0.
- Helen Klass-Warch '18 had an incredible opening round victory, beating Molly Paradies of Middlebury in a marathon, 5-7, 7-5, 6-2. Klass-Warch would fall in her next match, however, losing 6-4, 6-2 to MIT's Libby Rickeman.
- Victoria Yu '19 and Polina Kiseleva '21 also won their opening singles matches. Yu defeated Marina Zhang of MIT 6-1, 6-2, while Kiseleva topped Bowdoin's Izzy Essi 6-1, 6-1. In the second round, Yu fell to Chloe Henderson of Williams 6-4, 6-3, while Kiseleva went down in three sets, 6-4, 4-6, 6-0 to Heather Boehm of Middlebury.
- Alissa Nakamoto '21 was also in the singles draw, but lost in her opening match 6-2, 6-3 to Avery Wagman of Amherst.
- Defending national champions Chong and Yu cruised into the quarterfinals, first winning against Williams' Leah Bush and Emily Zheng 8-4, then triumphing 8-1 over Rickeman and Elysa Kohrs (MIT).
- Nakamoto and Kiseleva, playing their first match together, won 8-1 over Rolph and Viv Daniel (Bowdoin). In their second round, the freshmen were defeated 8-4 against second seeds Juli Raventos and Julia Cancio of Williams.
- Sisters Helen and Zoe Klass-Warch '21 paired for a victory as well, winning their opener 8-0 over Catherine Peabody and Anya Gerasimova of Mount Holyoke. The sisters were unable to continue their success, however, falling 8-6 to Catherine Blayze and Maddi Stow of Middlebury
- On Day 2, Budhiraja and Chong will both be in singles action, with the former taking on Leah Bush of Williams and the latter facing Babson's Alexa Tutekcy. Chong and Yu will also be back on the doubles court, with a showdown against Bowdoin's Tess Trinka and Tasha Christ.