ORLANDO, Fla. – The seventh-ranked Wesleyan women's tennis team opened its 2019 spring season today in Florida and defeated No. 21 Kenyon College, 6-3. Sunday's match was the first of five that will be played during Spring Break this weekend.
- The Cardinals went 2-1 in doubles action and 4-2 in singles.
- In No. 1 doubles, the Yu sisters – Victoria and Kristina – won convincingly with an 8-2 victory, and Alissa Nakamoto and Alexis Almy won the No. 3 doubles match by an 8-3 margin.
- In singles action, Venia Yeung and Kristina Yu won the No. 2 and 3 positions, respectively. Yeung won by scores of 6-4, 6-1, and Yu cruised with marks of 6-1, 6-0.
- Almy and Nakamoto claimed their matches as well, as Almy won No. 5 singles by a mark of 6-2, 6-3, and Nakamoto claimed the No. 6 spot by scores of 6-3, 6-3.
- Wesleyan is back in action tomorrow, March 11 and will face No. 12 Washington (Mo.) at 11:30 a.m.