ORLANDO, Fla. – After four consecutive wins against top-30 programs, the seventh-ranked Wesleyan women's tennis team saw its win streak come to an end Friday as the Cardinals were defeated by No. 1 Emory, 7-2.
Despite today's loss, Wesleyan's Spring Break trip was incredibly successful as the team currently sits at 4-1. Following the win, the Eagles improved to a perfect 10-0.
- The Cardinals trailed 2-1 after doubles play, as Venia Yeung and Polina Kiseleva earned Wesleyan's lone victory.
- Yeung and Kiseleva defeated Daniela Lopez and Emma Cartledge, 8-5.
- In singles action, Kiseleva earned Wesleyan's lone win once again, as she defeated Lauren Yoon in the No. 4 position, 6-0, 6-3.
- The Cardinals lost three matches in three sets.
- Wesleyan returns to Connecticut and will have a week off before playing at Division I Quinnipiac on Friday, March 22 at 1 p.m.