MEDFORD, Mass. - The sixth-ranked Wesleyan University women's tennis team earned a 5-1 win over No. 7 Tufts University in NESCAC action Sunday evening.
With the win, the Cardinals improved to 8-1 overall and 3-0 in league play. The Jumbos dropped to 3-4 and 2-2.
- Wesleyan led 2-1 after doubles action with wins in the No. 2 and No. 3 positions.
- Polina Kiseleva and Venia Yeung defeated Patricia Obeid and Tomo Iwasaka decisively in No. 2 doubles, 8-2, while Alexis Almy and Alissa Nakamota earned a thriller in No. 3 doubles with wins of 8-7 (7-4) over Anna Lowy and Kat Wiley.
- In singles, Kristina Yu and Kiseleva won the No. 3 and No. 4 spots, respectively, by identical scores of 6-2, 6-2.
- Victoria Yu sealed the victory in No. 1 singles with wins of 6-2, 6-4 over Maggie Dorr.
- Wesleyan is back in action Saturday, April 6 and will play at Middlebury beginning at 10 a.m.