MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The fourth-ranked Wesleyan women's tennis team (13-2, 8-1) blanked Hamilton 9-0 on Sunday, extending its win streak to five. The Cardinals finish the regular season with a program-best 13 wins, including victories oven seven nationally ranked teams.
Prior to the match, Wesleyan celebrated senior day for Victoria Yu, one of the most successful student-athletes in program history. She has already garnered three National Championships, along with five All-America honors and hopes to add to her list of accolades in the postseason this spring.
- The Cardinals earned their first doubles point at #3, where Daniela Alvarez and Megan Tran blanked their opponents 8-0.
- The top tandem of Victoria Yu and Kristina Yu triumphed 8-1 over Sophia Aulicino and Audrey Chor to record the second point for Wesleyan.
- The #2 pair of Venia Yeung and Polina Kiseleva completed the sweep, earning an 8-2 victory.
- In singles action, the Cardinals swept all six matches in straight sets.
- The first singles point came from Alissa Nakamoto at #3, triumphing 6-2, 6-2 to record the fourth point for Wesleyan.
- Alexis Almy clinched the match behind a 6-0, 6-2 triumph at #2, while Tran won 6-3, 6-1 in the fourth spot.
- Rounding out the first wave of singles matches was Victoria Yu at #1, recording a pair of 6-2 victories.
- Zoe Klass-Warch was next at #6, taking down her opponent 6-0, 6-3, before Alvarez earned 6-4 and 6-1 victories for the complete 9-0 sweep.
- The Cardinals will compete in the NESCAC Championship tournament hosted by Middlebury next weekend. The seedings and matchups will be announced on Monday, with play beginning on Friday. The top-two seeds will receive byes, with their first matches coming on Saturday.