Posted: Jan 23, 2016
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - The Women's Track and Field team hosted the Wesleyan Track and Field Invitational on Saturday afternoon at Bacon Field House.
- Senior Alexis Walker captured second place, with a time of 8.16
- In the 200m dash, Sarah Swenson '17 came in second with a time of 27.19 while Alexandra Dibrindiri '19 came in third with a time of 28.01.
- Freshman Jenny Aquiar captured first place in the 400m dash with a time of 59.96
- In the 600m run sophmores Aids Julien and Ananya Subrahmanian came in first and second respectively. Julien came in with a time of 1:42.65 while Subrahmanian came in with a time of 1:42.93.
- The 800m run also saw Wesleyan place first and second with senior Sydney Cogswell coming in first with a time of 2:30.37 while freshman Claudia Schatz came in second with a time of 2:32.64.
- In the 1000m run, freshman Isabella Reilly came in first with a time of 3:18.64
- The mile saw Cardinal junior Nikita Rajgopla come in first with a time of 6:04.16
- Freshman Allegra-Fils Aime captured second place in the triple jump, with a jump of 10.95m.
- In the high jump, freshman Katie Maehl finished in third clearing 1.52m
- Senior Kiley Kennedy came in first in the pole vault as she cleared a height of 3.05m
- Walker, showing her versatility, came in first in the long jump with a distance of 5.28m
- The Cardinals next event will be Saturday January 30 at the Tufts Stampede Invitational