MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan University women's track and field team captured six wins at the J. Elmer Swanson Invitational Saturday.
Result: No team score
Location: Middletown, Conn.
- The Cardinals claimed the top five spots in the 1500-meter run. Molly Schassberger '18 led the way with a first place finish with a time of 4:46.35. Julia Mitchell '19, Caroline Elmendorf '17, Sylwia Lipior '18, and Rhoen Fiutak '19 rounded out the top five for Wesleyan.
- Jenny Aguiar '19 finished first in the 400-meter run with a time of 1:07.58.
- Christina Hebner '17 won the 300-meter steeplechase with a time of 11:32.56.
- The Cardinal's 4x400 team of Aguiar, Alexandra Dibrindisi '19, Hannah Goodman '16 and Isabella Reilly '19 won the event with a mark of 4:05.54.
- Ellie Martin '16 finished in third place in the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.76.
- Dibrindisi and Aida Julien '18 finished in second and third in the 400-meter dash, respectively, with times of 59.48 and 1:01.56.
- In the 800-meter run, freshman Claudia Schatz finished third with a time of 2:33.68.
- Katie Maehl '19 won the high jump with a mark of 1.52m, and also finished third in the long jump with a leap of 4.72m.
- Kiley Kennedy '16 won the pole vault with a mark of 3.45m, while Colleen O'Neill '18 finished third with a mark of 2.90m.
- The Cardinals return to the track Saturday, April 30 and will compete in the NESCAC Championships, which will be held at Amherst College. The events will begin at 9 a.m.