Score: Williams 169, Wesleyan 94, Amherst 72
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Bacon Field House)
Invitational: Little Three Championship
Date: Saturday, January 14th
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's track & field team finished in second place overall at the Little Three Championship which was held at Bacon Field House on Saturday afternoon.
- In the 3,000 meter run, Molly Schassberger '17 claimed first place with a time of 10:21.75, while Caroline Elmendorf '17 finished fourth with a time of 10:31.33. Schassberger's time qualifies her for both the Division III and All New England Championships, and is currently the #12 time for Division III women, while Elmendorf's time qualifies her for the Division III Championships and sits at #28 on the national list.
- Sophomore Jenny Aguiar came in first in the 400-meter dash with a time of 58.97 while fellow sophomore Alex Dibrindisi finished third with a mark of 1:01.88.
- Rhoen Fiutak '19 came in second place in the one mile run as she crossed the finished line in 5:28.66.
- Aguiar also came in second place in the 200-meter dash as she crossed the finish line in 26.48.
- In the 400-meter dash Dibrindisi captured third place overall with her time of 1:01.88.
- Devon Feuer '20 and Dibrindisi finished in sixth and seventh place in the 60-meter dash with times of 8.85 and 8.88 respectively.
- In the 1000-Meter run, Claudia Schatz '19 earned a third place finish as she crossed the finish line in 3:08.63. The time beats her old personal record by seven seconds, and qualifies her for the New England Division III Championships.
- Isabella Reilly '19, Sylwia Lipior '18 and Claudia Schatz '19 eached notched third place finished in their respective events. Reilly finished the 600-meter run in 1:45.34, Lipior finished the 800-meter run in 2:30.20 and Schatz completed the 1000-meter run in 3:08.63.
- Sarah Mount completed the 60-meter hurdles in 10.92, which was good enough for third overall.
- The 4x800 relay team made up of Lipior, Fiutak, Schatz and Nikita Rajgopal '17 finished in third with a time of 10:19.56.
- Caroline Diemer '18 finished in second place in the shot put event with her throw of 10.39m. She also finished fourth in the weight throw with a mark of 10.58m.
- In the high jump event, Katie Maehl '19 cleared 1.52 meters, which was good enough for seventh place.
- Wesleyan took third and fourth place in the pole vault event with Casey Rothschild '20 finishing third with a mark of 3.05m, while Colleen O'Neill finished fourth as she cleared 2.90m.
- Maehl and Dibrindisi finished sixth and seventh in the long jump with marks of 4.75m and 4.70m respectively.
- Rothschild finished the triple jump in third place with a score of 11.06m.
- The Cardinals are back on the track Saturday, January 21st as they will take part in the Smith Invitational.