Score: 10th of 11 teams
Location: Brunswick, Maine (Magee-Samuelson Track)
Invitational: NESCAC Championships
Date: Saturday, April 29th
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's track and field team finished in tenth place overall at the NESCAC Championships on Saturday.
- Jenny Aguiar '19 completed the 400-meter dash in 58.37, which placed her fourth overall.
- Senior Molly Schassberger finished the 10,000-meter run in 39:08.34, which was good enough for seventh overall and qualified her for the Division III New England Championships.
- Julia Mitchell '19 and Rhoen Fiutak '19 finished eighth and ninth in the 1,500-meter run with marks of 4:45.13 and 4:46.08, respectively. Both times were New England Championship qualifying times, while Fiutak's mark also set a new personal record.
- In the 5,000-meter run, Caroline Elmendorf '17 qualifed for the New England Championships with a time of 18:21.34, which placed her 13th in the field.
- The Cardinals 4x400 and 4x800 meter relay teams each earned fourth place finishes, as they crossed the line in 3:38.29 and 9:32.46.
- Katie Maehl '19 finished fifth in the high jump with a mark of 1.58m.
- Tara Peng '20 finished the pole vault in fifth, clearing 3.10m, while teammate Casey Rothschild '20 finished right behind her in sixth.
- In the shot put, Caroline Diemer '18 finished eighth with a throw of 11.05 meters. She also earned an eighth place finish in the hammer throw with a mark of 37.46m.
HEAD COACH WALTER CURRY:
- "The 2017 NESCAC T&F Championship meet had one of the deepest and strongest fields in the last few years.
- "Even though the final tally doesn't say it, we had some great performances today from some of our younger and newer team members which should bode well of us in the future."
- Several Cardinals will compete in the New England Division III Championships, which will be held Friday, May 5th – Saturday, May 6th at Williams College.