Dec 07, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan women's indoor track and field team opened its 2018-19 campaign hosting Connecticut College and Trinity in a on Friday evening. The Cardinals recorded five first-place nods during the meet.
- Wesleyan's Sara Pinsonault was the lone-Cardinal in the 5000m, clocking in at 18:22.97 which was good for first place.
- Rhoen Fiutak was the top-performer in the mile, crossing the finish line in 5:14.90, just one second ahead of the next competitor.
- Camille Balicki and Ivie Uzamere placed first and second, respectively in the shot. Balicki had a mark of 11.86m, while Uzamere was close behind with 11.85m. Uzamere was also the top-performer in the weight throw with a mark of 17.02m.
- Katie Maehl had a strong performance in multiple events, recording three second-place finishes. Maehl recorded a mark of 4.90m in the long jump, soared to a 1.53m height in the high jump and clocked in at 10.17 in the 60m hurdles.
- Captain Jenny Aguiar came in third during the 200m (26.56) and raced to a fourth-place finish in the 60m (8.23).
- During her rookie debut, Becky Velie placed second in the 400m with a time 1:01.94.
- The senior-freshman duo of Claudia Schatz and Abigail Pipkin pushed each other to finish fifth (5:34.99) and sixth (5:44.52) in the mile, respectively.
- The 4x400m relay team composed of Julia Cella, Addie Thomas, Rachel Morrow and Caelan Campbell raced to a first-place finish with a time of 4:06.06.
- Wesleyan will be idle for winter break, before hosting the Little Three meet on January 12th.