MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan women's indoor track and field team competed against 14 other teams at the Smith Invite this afternoon. Leading the charge for the Cardinals was Jenny Aguiar and Rhoen Fiutak, who both finished first in their respective races.
- In the 800m, Aguiar finished first with a time of 2:19.7, while Becky Velie followed with a second-place finish, clocking in at 2:20.84. Katie Maehl and Nora Markey also competed in the event, placing eighth (2:32.22) and 13th (2:36.48), respectively.
- Fiutak earned first-place honors in the 3000m, clocking in at 10:31.90, a full 10 seconds ahead of the second place finisher.
- Ivie Uzamere finished second in the weight throw and the shot put with marks of 17.77m and 12.05m, respectively.
- Tara Peng finished in second place in the pole vault with a mark of 2.90m
- In the mile, Sophie Scobell placed fifth with a time of 5:32.53, while Abigail Pipkin came in ninth (5:37.17) and Abigail Nadler finished 14th (5:52.27).
- Addison Thomas raced to a tenth-place finish in the 600m with a time of 1:47.18.
- In the 60m dash, Julia Cella placed 12th overall with a time of 8.42, while Caelan Campbell came in 16th (8.45) and Rachel Morrow placed 24th (8.61). The trio also competed in the 200m, as Campbell finished 14th (28.01), followed by Cella in 17th (28.16) and Morrow in 25th (28.73).
- Wesleyan will head to Medford, Mass. next weekend for the Tufts' Stampede Invite.