Posted: Jan 26, 2019
MEDFORD, Mass. – The Wesleyan men's indoor track and field team competed at the Brawen Smith-King Invitational at Tufts University on Saturday afternoon.
- Ivie Uzamere came in first-place in the weight throw with a mark of 17.96m and earned fourth in the shot put with a mark of 11.44m.
- Jenny Aguiar raced to a first-place finish in the 400m, clocking in with a time of 58.58, while Becky Veilie came in ninth with a time of 1:02.16.
- The 4x400 relay team composed of Veilie, Caelan Campbell, Julia Cella, and Rachel Morrow) raced to a fourth-place finish, closing in at 4:14.14.
- The 4x200 relay team (Alexandra Dibrindisi, Morrow, Cella and Campbell) came in fifth with a time of 1:51.02.
- Allegra Fils-Aime jumped 4.94m in the long jump to earn an eighth-place finish.
- Sydney Forrest and Tara Peng came in 12th and 15th, respectively, in the pole vault, recording marks of 2.90m and 2.75m. The Forrect-Peng duo also competed in the triple jump with Forrest recording a mark of 9.85m, good for 11th place, while Peng came in 16th with a mark of 9.59m.
- Rosalie Skovron raced to a 16th-place finish in the 3,000m, clocking in at 11:13.56.
- In the 1,000m, Abigal Pipkin, Madeline Nadler, and Nora Markey came in 13th, 14th and 16th, respectively, with times of 3:21.60, 3:21.74 and 3:22.45.
- Wesleyan will head to Boston next weekend for the Open New England Championship meet.