Posted: Feb 11, 2019
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Wesleyan women's indoor track and field team saw four first-place finishes at the 13th Giegengack Invitational hosted by Yale on Saturday.
- Ivie Uzamere came in first, out of 24 competitors, in the weight throw with a mark of 17.88m. Uzamere also placed fourth in the shot with a mark of 11.73m.
- In the mile, Rhoen Fiutak and Julia Mitchell raced to first and second place finishes, respectively. Fiutak recorded a personal best time (5:06.81), while Mitchell came in just behind with a time of 5:12.15.
- The 800m saw three top-10 finishes for Wesleyan including first place honors for Becky Velie with a time of 2:21.48. Sophie Scobell ran the event for the first time this year, placing third with a time of 2:29.16, while Addison Thomas placed ninth (2:34.52).
- The 4x400 relay team composed of Alexandra Dibrindisi, Julia Cella, Rachel Morrow, and Allegra Fils-Aime placed first out of nine teams with a time of 4:05.11.
- Becky Lopez-Anido and Sara Pinsonault earned second and third, respectively, in the 3,000m with times of 10:17.54 and 10:18.93.
- Katie Maehl jumped 1.53m in the high jump, which was good for fourth place and recorded a mark of 5.25m in the long jump, placing 10th overall. Maehl made it to the finals in the 60m hurdles, placing seventh with a time of 9.88.
- Tara Peng placed third in the pole vault with a height of 3.20m.
- Wesleyan will head to Staten Island on Friday for the Ocean Breeze meet.