MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan women's track and field team opened the outdoor season hosting the Wesleyan Spring Classic on Saturday. Three athletes finished first in their respective events, while the Cardinals saw top-three performances in nine total events.
- In the 10,000, Rosie Skovron bested all competitors with a time of 40:57.58.
- Katie Maehl came in first in the 100 hurdles with a time of 16.60.
- Ivie Uzamere opened the outdoor season with a first-place finish in the hammer throw, besting all competitors with a mark of 43.08m.
- Runner-up finishes came from Julia Cella in the 400 (1:01.57) and Addison Thomas in the 800 (2:34.35).
- The 4x400 relay team (Cella, Allegra Fils-Aime, Becky Velie and Rachel Morrow) garnered runner-up accolades with a time of 4:23.76.
- Third-place finishes came from Fils-Aime in the 400 (1:02.20) and the long jump (5.21m) and Caelan Campbell in the 200 (27.05).
- In the 200, Cella crossed the finish line in fourth with a time of 27.17.
- Tara Peng earned fourth in both the pole vault (2.95m) and the triple jump (9.65m).
- Becky Velie and Sophie Scobell crossed the finish line in fifth and seventh, respectively in the 1,500. Velie finished in 5:04.16, while Scobell completed the distance in 5:08.40.
- Maehl earned sixth in the high jump with a mark of 1.47m.
- The Cardinals are back in action on Saturday when they head to the Tufts Snowflake Classic.