MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Wesleyan women's track and field team placed ninth out of 11 teams at the NESCAC Championship meet on Saturday at Middlebury. Williams won its sixth-straight title with 165 points, while Middlebury (145.50 points) and Bowdoin (109 points) rounded out the top-three teams.
The Cardinals were led by Sara Pinsonault and Ivie Uzamere who earned NESCAC titles in their respective events, while Katie Maehl found herself in a four-way tie for third in the high jump to earn All-NESCAC laurels.
- Pinsonault won the 3,000m steeplechase with a time of 11:20.68, a full 17 seconds ahead of the second-place.
- Uzamere earned first place with a throw of 47.47m. She also placed ninth in the shot with a mark of 10.06m.
- Maehl tied for third in the high jump with a height of 1.60m to earn All-NESCAC. She also placed fifth in the javelin, recording a mark of 34.88m.
- The 4x800m relay team (Rhoen Fiutak, Claudia Schatz, Julia Mitchell and Becky Lopez-Anido) placed fifth overall with a time of 9:49.09.
- Lopez-Anido raced to a sixth-place finish in the 800m, clocking in at 2:16.46.
- Allegra Fils-Aime earned sixth-place in the long jump, leaping 5.12m and placed 10th in the 200m with a time of 26.67.
- The 4x400m relay (Jenny Aguiar, Julia Cella, Becky Velie and Fils-Aime) placed eighth overall with a time of 4:12.81.
- Emma Trapani clocked in with a personal best time of 38:26.79 in the 10,000m to earn 10th place.
- Mitchell and Fiutak paced each other in the 1,500m, earning 11th and 12th, respectively. Mitchell clocked in at 4:54.49, while Fiutak was right behind in 4:54.63.
- The Cardinals head to the New England Division III Championship at Williams on Friday, May 3rd.