Posted: May 04, 2019
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Wesleyan women's track and field team competed at the New England DIII Track & Field Championship on Friday and Saturday.
- Ivie Uzamere placed third overall in the hammer throw on Friday, registering a mark of 49.39m.
- In the heptathlon, Katie Maehl placed fourth, compiling a personal-best 4,337 points. Mahel's best event was the high jump, where she placed second with a mark of 1.60m to record 736 points.
- Sara Pinsonault crossed the finish line in fifth in the 3,000m steeplechase, clocking in at 11:19.60.
- In the long jump, Allegra Fils-Aime jumped to a distance of 5.13m to earn her a ninth-place finish.
- Jenny Aguiar placed ninth in the 400m with a time of 59.25.
- In the 800m, Becky Lopez-Anido clocked in at 2:15.23, good for 11th place.
- Wesleyan's Julia Mitchell and Rhoen Fiutak pushed each other in the 1,500m, coming in 14th (4:44.13) and 15th (4:48.75), respectively.
- The Cardinals will travel to Southern Connecticut State University for the two-day Open New England Championship beginning on Friday, May 10th.