(courtesy of Bowdoin Sports Info)
Wesleyan women's volleyball fell to Bowdoin College 3-0 (16-25, 15-25, 13-25) on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 10 in Brunswick, ME. The loss drops the Cardinals to 4-8 overall and 1-5 in the NESCAC, while Bowdoin completes a perfect home schedule and moves to 12-3 overall and 6-0 in the conference play.
How It Happened
- Christy Jewett collected a match-high 12 kills and nine digs to go with a pair of service aces.
- The Polar Bears collected ten aces on the afternoon
- Hailey Wahl led the Polar Bears with four aces and finished with five kills and three blocks
- Quincy Leech dished out 26 assists while Katie Doherty had 21 digs
- Erika Sklaver had five kills and four blocks while Michelle Albright had seven kills and seven digs for the Polar Bears
- Wesleyan was led by five kills from Sarah Swenson.
- Abby Southam had ten digs while Kelsey Tam earned nine assists
- Emma Robin posted three kills and a team-high five blocks for the Cardinals
- Bowdoin will return to action with a huge road weekend of conference play, at Amherst on Friday (8:00 p.m.) and at Williams on Saturday (2:00 p.m.)
- Wesleyan will play at Tufts in its next match on Friday evening (7:00 p.m.)