Score: Wesleyan 3, Wheaton 0 (25-12, 25-15, 25-9)
Records: Wesleyan (13-6); Wheaton (10-16)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Silloway Gymnasium)
Date: Saturday, October 22nd
Time: 11 a.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University volleyball team cruised to a 3-0 non-conference win over Wheaton College Saturday as the Cardinals hit .294 as a team for their third straight win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Ahead 13-6 in the first set, Wesleyan went on a 10-0 run to take a commanding 23-6 lead. The Lyons scored three consecutive points, but two kills from Mia Hogan '20 down the stretch put the game away.
- The second set went back-and-forth early on and was tied at 7-7 before a service error by the visitor's followed by a kill from Hogan put Wesleyan ahead for good as the Cardinals never looked back and cruised to the 10-point win.
- It was all Wesleyan in the third game. The Cardinals scored 15 of the first 17 points en route to the decisive win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Nicole Hilton '20 capped off an impressive weekend as she finished with 10 kills and zero attack errors for an incredible .714 hitting percentage. Madeleine Lundberg '20 finished with eight kills and a .333 mark, while Kaira Muraoka-Robertson '20 set up the offensive attack and finished with a game-high 30 assists. Olivia Guidotti '20 led the team with 13 digs and Hogan finished with 12.
- Cathryn MacGregor and Claire Cansler each recorded five kills to lead Wheaton, while Becca Houghton dished out seven assists and Stephanie Martin finished with seven digs.
- Wesleyan remains home for its next contest, scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25 against Westfield St. Tuesday's match will mark the final regular season game in Silloway Gym.
- The Lyons return to action Tuesday as well and will host Babson at 7 p.m.